History

Jims-Home-Brew-Photo Jim’s Homebrew Supply, opened in 1955 by Jim Dauber, pictured with his wife. They had the business for approximately 10 years, upon which they sold the business to Howard & Louise Engle who ran the store for 17 years from 1965 – 1982. Tom Ballinger ran the store for 8 years from 1982 – 1990. Robert Ketcham and James Johnson (current owners) have run the store for the past 24 years. James Johnson took over operations in 2014.
As you can see, this store as been in continuous operation since 1955: owned and run by home brewers. This has been the reason for the success of this store and that we have remained at the same location for 63 year. While there have and there will be other home brew shops, we have the knowledge and history of helping customer be successful in a hobby that has spanned five generations. We don’t just sell merchandise; we support our customers with information about the hobby.

 

Open Tue-Fri 10am-6pm; Sat 10-4 (Closed Sun. & Mon.)